The Institute of Catalysiswas founded in the 1970s. The founder is the famous Chinese physical chemist JinSongshou. Postgraduate students enrolled since 1964 andPhD students since 1995. In 1984, it became one of key disciplines of Zhejiang Province, and in 1992 Key Laboratory for Applied Chemistry of Zhejiang Province was established. In the year of 2007, it wasapproved as a national key discipline. After more than 40 years, led by Mr. JinSongshou and Mr. Zheng Xiaoming successively, through the efforts of all staff and students, the Institute of Catalysis has become a producing, learning and researching base with advanced hardware facilities, reasonable echelon structure and clear research directions.
At present, The Institute of Catalysis has 23 employees on the job. There are 11 professors and researchers. There are 10 associate professors and associate researchers, tens of post-doctoral researchers and nearly 100 postgraduate students.
The main research fields of The Institute of Catalysis:
1. Energy chemistry:It is focused on applications of catalysts and catalytic processes for energy conversion and storage, which are based on biomass and methane conversion orelectrocatalyticprocesses.
2. Environmental protection catalyst: It is mainly focused on research and development of the catalyst and reaction device for purifying indoor air or degrading factory harmful exhaust, motor vehicle exhaust gas, oil fume exhaust gas from hotel and restaurants.
3. Preparation, characterization of functionalized porous materials and their applications in Green Synthesis process of pharmaceutical, pesticide and fine chemical industry.
4. Studies on kinetics and surface chemistry of heterogeneous and homogeneous catalytic reactions.
5. Basic Research on the Application of Catalytic Science in military Industry.